Occupancy Standards for Residential Applications
It is Venture Sotheby’s International Realty, policy to actively pursue and offer equal housing for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability or any other federal, state and local laws regarding fair housing.
(Please be sure to email or fax over a copy of the signed application, driver’s license, and recent paystubs).
*All applicants are required to meet the following Occupancy Standards:
- All persons leasing an apartment, condo or single-family residence must be of legal age – 18 years or older – to sign a contract.
- Provide a photocopy of picture ID for each person 18 years and older.
- Incomplete applications, lies & omissions on the application are grounds for denial.
- Applicants must have current, consistent, and verifiable employment of at least 6 months. Please provide copies of at least 3 current consecutive pay stubs and proof of additional income if needed.
- Self-employed applicants must provide the following:
Previous 2 years tax statements and current 3 months company bank statements.
Retired applicants must prove the following:
Current 3 months bank statements indicating the monthly direct deposit.
VERIFIABLE RESIDENCY – Applicants must have 1 year with a good payment and rental history.
- Recent college graduates may qualify without rental history only if all other criteria are met.
- Relatives are not acceptable rental references.
- Daytime phone numbers are needed for rental references.
- If you do not have landlord references but have sold your home, give the name of the Real Estate Agent who listed and sold your house. If you own a house that you are now renting, indicate the person managing the property and their phone number. Provide the rent or mortgage payment amount as well as the length of residency and circle which applies.
- Should the credit report come back with an “Address Discrepancy,” applicants must provide proof of their current address, Acceptable forms of proof include driver’s license or valid state ID, current lease or mortgage statement, home utility or insurance bill, or a pay stub dated within the past 30 days.
- A credit rating must be approved by the landlord. Credit scores under 690 or below may not be accepted.
- Applicants with a tax lien, repossession, foreclosure, discharged personal bankruptcy, collections or less than favorable credit ratings may be accepted with a required payment of last month’s rent.
- Applicants will not be accepted for the following derogatory credit records: Eviction and/or money owed to the landlord.
- Bankruptcies must be discharged 2 years prior to application.
- Criminal Background Check
- Each property owner decides individually whether pets are allowed at a particular property. To reduce the risk of damage.
- Because many insurance companies have determined there to be a greater risk of liability from certain breeds of dogs, we generally will not allow Rottweiler, German Shepard, and Pit-bull in a rental property.
- If we allow you to keep a pet, you will be charged an increased deposit for each pet. Also, the tenant agrees to provide proof of licensing and vaccination.
- The items above do not apply if you have a service or companion/emotional Support Animals. Documentation of the need for the animal from an appropriate third party is required and pet screening will be completed by https://www.petscreening.com/ for $20.00 paid by the applicant.
APPLICATION FEE – NON – REFUNDABLE
- $30.00 For each applicant. Pay on RentSpree.com is available online.
- Any persons age 18 or older are considered individual applicants (i.e. spouse, co-signers, roommates or family members must pay a separate application fee).
- The first completed application received and first qualified will be processed in order of receipt. Unless the owner request to view all applications, then the most qualified will be chosen. Please inquiry regarding how the owner will choose each property is subject to owners' decision.
- Once approved, Security Deposit is due within 48 hours and must be paid by money order or cashier check only made payable to Venture Sotheby’s International Realty
- Rental Insurance Is Required and must be provided before keys are issued.